Calibre Coatings Ltd. : Calgary – Guarantee
THE CCL STANDARD AND MAINTENANCE GUARANTEE(S) PROMISE(S):
• We promise that failed areas (blistering and peeling), because of poor workmanship or materials will be repaired at no cost to the guarantee holder in the first two years. (Optional: Repairs after the first two years will be paid for according to the pro-rated cost sharing schedule on page 3 at an additional cost).
• This guarantee is good from the date of issue until the expiry term noted below.
• We promise to complete guarantee work at the specific surface preparation level originally contracted.
• Call the Calibre Coatings office within the guarantee period specified.
• Your contract must be presented before any guarantee work will be approved.
• Your call will be acknowledged by a call or verbal confirmation.
• Your job may be inspected by one of our staff.
• Call before July 31st to have exterior repairs done during that summer.
THIS GUARANTEE IS FOR A _______ YEAR PERIOD, AND COVERS WORK COMPLETED BY CALIBRE COATINGS AS OUTLINED IN THE CONTRACT, (WHICH MUST ACCOMPANY THIS GUARANTEE), FOR:
PROPERTY OWNER: ______________________________________________
RESTRICTIONS ARE LISTED ON THE 2nd PAGE OF THIS GUARANTEE, FURTHER SPECIFIC EXCLUSIONS MAY APPLY AS FOLLOWS:
THIS GUARANTEE EXPIRES ON ____________________________________.
RESTRICTIONS TO THE GUARANTEE:
• any work for which Calibre Coatings was not paid in full
• any work on which other painting contractors were involved
• any work for which the client supplied the paint
• wooden gutters
• galvanized metal (not 95% stripped)
• parts of the building where a moisture problem exists and has not been rectified
• horizontal surfaces, which allow moisture to collect, are naturally prone to rapid paint failure, thus all areas of porches, stairs and decks are not guaranteed
• wooden railings and fences
Paint Properties not guaranteed
• all varnished areas
• baked on pre-finished areas contracted to be painted by the client
• problems resulting from previous paint systems, which, at the time of the estimate could not be foreseen by visual inspection, (see unforeseen conditions)
• mildew is a growth, which can occur on a paint film and has no connection with a paint job itself, thus we do not guarantee against mildew
UNFORSEEN CONDITIONS - LIMITATIONS
This contract is based on visual inspection of the surface prior to starting work. Should problems arise which could not be foreseen by visual inspection prior to starting work, the client must pay an agreed upon extra for the remedial work necessary to rectify the unforeseen condition. An example of such a condition is the failure of a previous paint system, which at the time of the estimate was not clear and evident. This can occur on both older buildings with numerous layers of paint and newer homes, which have a delamination between previous paint layers.
Standard or optional Maintenance Warranty: (choose one of the following)
Standard 2 year warranty
4 year maintenance warranty (see 4th page for details)
5 year maintenance warranty (see 4th page for details)